Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Let's Book It and other things

Good morning from the east coast , a sunny but chilly day here today but it seems to be warming up some now .
I can't believe we are at the end of March already , it has to have been the best March I can remember for weather , over all the winter was pretty mild compared to last year .  Our snow is gone again which is nice so things are looking up .
Today I am sharing my project for the Lets Book it with Sharon of Vrooman Quilts , I am working on a Christmas quilt simply called Merry Christmas and I managed to get a few small blocks completed this month .
                Some appliqued birds which I did by hand this time along with the embroidery .
                        Three small star blocks and the strip which will be a filler between blocks
                  And this block which I changed  for a block that is similar but not quite ;-)  I am pleased with my progress and I am loving this quilt so far .

I have been keeping up with the Splendid Sampler blocks ,I will share the latest blocks so of which are bonus blocks . I am enjoying doing these as well , tiny but fun to make .

Also each Monday I am taking part in a SAL with Darlene of a Needle Pulling Thread Quilt shop , these cute blocks are also 6" and I love them .
I had won a FQ bundle from Connecting Threads a year or so ago and I decided they would be perfect for these little stars . The fabric is called Line Dried , kind of remind me of my grandmothers aprons years ago .

I won't keep you today as I have so many things on the go and I must try to catch up so I don't become overwhelmed . I will leave you with this picture I took during our last little snow system .
Isn't he just gorgeous , another Purple Finch , puffed up nicely in the snow , makes my heart smile .
Thanks for stopping by today it is always a pleasure to see you .
 hugs Sheila

18 comments:

  1. Lots of beautiful blocks! We had a nice winter too, with just one giant snowfall. Trees are blooming now, and daffodils. I LOVE spring!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy making all your lovely blocks...love the sweet purple finch...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see everything you are working on. Such sweet projects! Love your finchy friend! I'll be home soon! XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much beautiful stitching. I especially love the birds at the top of the post

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You are pumping things out! Your little star blocks are so fresh and lovely. Gonna be a pretty, pretty quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful projects Sheila. Love the birds in the top one. The purple finch is so pretty. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the little bird blocks and so many sweet projects are on the go. Our little song birds are slowly returning - gorging in the feeders.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you've been really busy! Outstanding blocks all around and I love the bright colors of the star blocks :-) What a colorful bird, I can see why he would bring a smile to your face.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful work on all your ongoing projects Sheila! Love that pretty little bird too... I haven't seen that type of finch before! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous pics of your progress!
    ,love the stars, such pretty fabrics and your splendid sampler blocks look wonderful.
    Will be interesting to see how those Christmas blocks all come together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. those applique birds arelovely and so are all your blocks.... I'm enjoying the Splendid Sampler blocks
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your pretty birdie blocks. Also your SS blocks. Some beautiful work Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your birds Sheila. Sew many pretty projects. It is nice to be sliding into spring.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Sheila!!! The embroidered birds are goregous. All of your work is wonderful and you have lots going on.

    ReplyDelete
  15. They're all beautiful blocks. I need to follow your example of just getting one done at a time and before you know it......you have lots done.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your birds, both applique'd and real, are charming. Lovely blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Definitely a lot of stitching. You are making great progress with your Christmas quilt. All those blocks are lovely. Such a pretty bird too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Definitely a lot of stitching. You are making great progress with your Christmas quilt. All those blocks are lovely. Such a pretty bird too!

    ReplyDelete