Friday, December 11, 2015

Going Mini and some more mail

Hi there , did you happen to see the little mini that is being offered by Temecula Quilt Co. at the moment , it is just too cute not to make .  There are twelve blocks and eleven have now been posted but even if you haven't started it isn't too late as they take so little time to make .  Want to see my tiny squares ?
The finished size of each block is just 2.75" but honest they are not hard to deal with . The thing is I had other things  I needed to get done but these were just calling my name and I just had to make them , you know how it is right ;-)

  I received the most creative postcard from Eglea yesterday , it was for the fall postcard exchange , it take a very long time for the cards to come from Brazil but it is so worth the wait .
I should have taken these pictures in the daylight rather than now but you can still see how neat this card is with the pounded leaf design and all the stitching surrounding the leaves . Thanks so much Eglea .
 Here is the card I sent to Eglea , it arrived just a short time ago as well .

                                             I was trying to depict the colours of fall here in NS. .
Time to get back to the sewing machine , things to finish and the time is getting short , why do I do this every year , I can't answer that unfortunately . Enjoy your day and thanks for stopping by .
 hugs Sheila


17 comments:

  1. His blocks are very interesting.Together they will be a great job.
    I'm glad you like the leaves card. I loved their autumn colors.
    How do I know I'm far from my house. I'm in Rio de Janeiro. When I return I will show your beautiful card in my blog.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those little blocks and I have been watching the progress on Temulca's blog.... I should dig through my scraps and do it. Lovely postcard... she is very clever with her work
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous blocks,hard to believe they are so small. Lovely postcards too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful postcards...well worth the wait for both of you! Love your little blocks and such a wonderful display of projects on your banner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new banner - great post cards going and coming with your group. I am doing the 12 days, but need to catch up as my machine is unplugged and things in 'clean' mode.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful blocks. I shall enjoy seeing your progress. A lovely postcard too x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those little blocks are so cute. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute little mini! Love those postcards too - the leaf one is very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your mini quilt.... it is really looking fabulous! What beautiful postcards too.... both received and sent! Love them both! Have a lovely weekend! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your postcard swap looks like lots of fun. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So lovely!!I'm enjoing so much this world of postcard :)
    The Christmas swap was so fun. Both me and Annette have received it! Hope to blog about it today :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful wee blocks Sheila... Lovely Postcards..

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely post cards and great little wee blocks..... I just love the swaps . Thanks againa for doing them for us Sheila .... in stitches and hugs too

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those blocks really are too cute to resist. Great postcards too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such tiny blocks! Once upon a time, I enjoyed working so small. Delightful postcards, Sheila! You've got quite the collection now! XO

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super cards Sheila - it is so lovely to see all the different styles. Your little blocks look gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm fond of mini quilts and this one is adorable. Egléa's card is gorgeous and the one you sent her is stunning.

    ReplyDelete