Friday, January 11, 2013

A surprise in my mailbox and some happenings

What a great surprise I had today , Bill came in with the mail and there was a package from California for me , I quickly ripped it open and inside were these delightful house blocks I had won from Beth of Love Laugh and Quilt . Several quilters had sent her house blocks along with orphan blocks and if you sent along a house block your name was thrown in the hat to be chosen as one of three winners . The orphan blocks that were sent along will be made into charity quilts which she donates to various charities . Thanks so much Beth .
Aren't they wonderful , so folksy , I love them !!!
 On the home front I have been working on my In My Words project and finished  up last night , here is a sneak peak .
If you have a few moments be sure to hop on over to today's participating blogs listed below you are sure to be inspired !
                                        

Friday, January 11
Jane's Fabrics (Jane R.)
Jane's Quilting (Jane C.)
Nuts 4 Redwork (Heide W.)
Bits and Pieces (Martha R.) absent
Life in Every Breath (Jennifer B.)
Quilting Lines (Patricia L.)
Meadowbrook  (Kristen K.)
Count It All Joy!  (Denise P.)
Sophie Junction (Sophie W.)
 You will have to wait until Tuesday to see my reveal ;-) 
As I have mentioned on other occasions I exchange nine patch blocks with my Tuesday quilting buddies once a month or so  and I didn't want to wait until the last minute so got my strips cut a few days ago and sewed them up today . This picture is not really that great , poor coloring but you will get the idea.
I need ten of these and actually made 15 , since they were cut I figured best to sew them up  ;-)
Also a little update on my UFO projects , not much sewing done on any of them , ok none to be exact but I have been working behind the scenes to prepare them for sewing , does that count .Here is my penny rug with my pieces on but not sewn , this cute project was a free BOM by Melody of the House on the side of the Hill  and is so much fun to do .
I know this is not quite how Melody expected us to make this project but it works for me and I really want to finish this in January if possible . Time to get stitching ......
 Thanks for stopping by today and hope you have a wonderful day without too much heat or too much cold ,like the baby bear we want it just right .
 hugs Sheila

 

14 comments:

  1. Wow...what an exciting post today! Love your house blocks...can't wait to see how you finish them off! Your blocks are perfect, and I can't wait to see your words quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those house blocks are going to make a great quilt! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhhhhhh what great mail Sheila!!! Can't wait to see your 'words' project next week. Your wood piece came together wonderfully

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely blocks Sheila. I think preparations is going towards completion, so I would count it. Your penny rug looks great. Curious to see what your in my words project looks like...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful house blocks. Your rug is looking great, bet you can't wait to start stitching. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! You won my block and my sister's block. I can't wait to see what you do with them. Lucky winner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much loveliness. In this post. Your penny rug is looking fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun are those houses... and I'm looking forward to your words project.... I have 9 patches to make for a swap too and I love how you have done the penny rug... must get to mine too!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fab to win those folksy houses :) Love your version of Melody's penny rug, and I doubt she minds how you go about making it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the little houses. They will be so much fun to piece together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the houses too Sheila,lovely post,have a good weekend my friend.xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Look forward to seeing your house quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The houses you won are fantastic. I look forward to seeing your words project and your penny rug is looking lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. grat little houses ...let me know if you need a extra one or two would be glad to make them for you.
    in stitches

    ReplyDelete