Thursday, November 29, 2012

A Dresdan Finish :-)

I surprised myself on this one getting it finished off so quickly and I have to say I love it !!
I know this picture is not the best , the sun is shining and therefore casting shadows but hey I am not complaining about the sun it is wonderful to see it :-) I learned a few things in making this , first off READ the instructions , sometimes I tend to just barrel forward and not read all the way through ,well the problem there was the large background circle was NOT suppose to be cut before sewing but I did ,so had to be extra careful with stitching to make that circle a proper circle and I bet you want to know how I did that right , well I will tell you , I have a stitch in the ditch foot that I had not used much and I thought why not let that little bar rest along the edge and position my needle to make the seam allowance I need and let me tell that worked like a charm .I didn't have enough extra fabric to recut so had to be  inventive and see I learned something along the way . This pattern is by Kay Buffington and is called Dresden Plate Candle Mat , just incase you have a hankering to give it a try , I can see myself doing this one again :-)
That's it for me folks off to enjoy the sun while it is out. Thanks for visiting and come again real soon.
 hugs Sheila

15 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhh I love that mat Sheila!! Great color too.Just in case you didn't read my reply to your comment on the Bluenose...it is an order for a family that visited the Maritimes this summer. I am ususally on my laptop,which is faster. My mail that I use for blogger is on the desktop. I can't seem to get them to accept another mail...not sure what I do wrong. So; I have been replying to the comments on the comment page lately. Have a great day...it is beautiful out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful! And yes, the colours are just perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It came out beautiful Sheila...love those fabrics and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful mat! You were pretty creative with that foot! And I love to see the sun streaming in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely Sheila and done no time at all from your last post
    in stitches

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Sheila. Must looks up the pattern myself. :) Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's great Sheila... quick finish and it is so striking .... I tend to sew before reading to the end too.... you found a solution and it worked out lovely...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. It turned out lovely and very circular!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, I really really really like that! IT's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow...that is a lovely candle mat...you have inspired me to do something like this...i love it

    ReplyDelete
  11. We're supposed to actually read those directions??? Oh, Pooh!
    It turned out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that Dresden mat, Sheila!!! The colors are perfect!!

    ReplyDelete