Wednesday, July 18, 2012

WIP Wednesday

Wednesdays sure roll around quickly don't they . I have shared some of the things I have been doing like the beach tote but behind the scenes I have been doing some Christmas sewing but can only give you a sneak peak for now but be sure to come back for the Think Christmas blog hop coming soon to many places that you love thanks to Madamme Samm and the Cuddle Quilter Lesley our friendly hostess for this event.Here is a sneak peak , don't look too close now ;-)
 This little project is complete but again I can't show you just yet just tickling your imagination .
 I received an email telling me there is  a sale at Lucy's, a fabric shop in town and what is a girl to do but go check it out . Since I am taking part in a class in the fall and was looking for fabrics for the jacket I plan on making I figured it was a perfect time to check and see what she had on hand . It was not easy to choose as there are so many gorgeous fabrics on sale ,I might even have to go back but for now this is what I picked up , the photo is really not the best as the fabrics are a much sharper color than showing here . Thanks Sherry for your help in choosing fabrics :-)
The fabrics on the bottom I bought simply because I like them and will not be used in the jacket . 
I am linking up today to the Needle and Threadnetwork be sure to stop by and see what everyone is up to .
 Before I go I wanted to tell you that I made a decision on my RWB blocks from the blog hop , 
I read on Lesleys blog about the need for quilts and quilt blocks by the Phoenix Quilts , to read the history behind this cause be sure to check out this blog and do what you can to help , I have mailed off these six blocks , not a huge contribution but I hope they can be of some use .Thanks to Julie for taking on this monumental task with the help of many more volunteers . Several hundred people lost their homes and Julie has organized the gathering and making of quilts to comfort these people who lost their homes due to fires , so sad . 

 Thanks for the visit.
hugs Sheila

18 comments:

  1. Such a tease! Love the sneak peek of your Christmas items and the fabric you found! Looking forward to seeing the finished projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed by your foresight - Christmas still catches me by surprise every year. ;-)
    Thanks for the link to Phoenix, will try to send them a block or two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been busy. Love the new fabrics you purchased. Thanks for the link to Phoenix. I'll be sending some blocks to them and passing on the info to my quilt guild.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok....you're such a tease Sheila with those little peeks...lol Lovely work again. Thanks for stopping by. it is nice to be feeling a bit better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your little peaks look loke lovely projects... always such a thrill to get fabrics you like on sale!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sewing is always so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see what you have created for the blog hop. I love the blue in the sneak peek. Nice new fabrics. It's pretty hard to resist a sale.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your Think Christmas sneak peeks....they look really cute! Great fabrics...don't we love sales? So proud of you for sending your beautiful blocks to Phoenix ...they will be so much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved seeing a peek!! Can't wait to see it all finished!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your new fabric. Great shopping. Giving those blocks away to Phoenix is a really good idea. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great stuff to keep you busy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mysterious in progress projects! Am impressed with your contributions to the Phoenix Quilts, every little bit helps! I read back a couple of posts too and love the photos of your lily's!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cheeky aneak peek Sheila...
    Lovely fabrics you bought at the sale.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those 6 blocks you donated are beautiful. I'm interested to see your Christmas project-I must go check out the whole blog hop for some ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those are gorgeous blocks, and I'm sure they will really help make someone feel a little bit better.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahh, Christmas fabric. It's a great time to start on Christmas gifts and every year I say that I'll start early....
    I bet they will love the blocks that you donated!
    Have a great weekend,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete