Saturday, March 24, 2012

One Christmas Item a Month

Tomorrow is March 25 , One Christmas Item a month day and since I am going to visit my Parents I am posting a little early or just on time for our Aussies friends  .
I finished this stitchery designed by Kaaren of the Painted Quilt , I decided to make it fit my table stand although right now it is going in my Christmas box .Thanks Kaaren for your creative drawings , I love to stitch them :-)
I spent a lovely hour today at Lucy's Quilt shop where I met up with fellow blogger Lesley of the Cuddle Quilter blog . It seemed like I knew her all my life , she is a real sweetie just like she seems on her blog .She even came with a little gift for me , one of her handmade pincushions , I mean how special is this .
She had it all wrapped up in the sweet fabric with the red ribbon , I love it , thanks so much Lesley I will use it everyday . We had Sherry take our picture in the shop, Lesley on the left and myself on the right ,you probably figured that out since there are only two of us in the photo ;-) I really enjoyed our visit and hope to do it again real soon.
 Tomorrow is my Mom's birthday so I am going to surprise her with a visit , it has been a while since I was home and I know how much it will mean to her to have me there for her special day plus I am hoping my sisters and brother will also be  there . Happy Birthday Mom !!

 Thanks for stopping by and hope you are enjoying your weekend . Hugs Sheila

19 comments:

  1. Love you Christmas finish. Lovely of Lesley to give you the sweet pincushion. Happy Birthday to your Mum. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Sheila, I am just unwinding after our trip today and your sweet words are making me blush and smile from ear to ear! It was so nice to meet you and to share your love and enthusiasm of quilting! Love that little table stand quilt. You did a wonderful job! Hope you have a lovely visit with your mom tomorrow. Many hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the reminder about the 25th! It had slipped my mind. Your finish is so cute.
    Have a great visit with your mum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Christmas picture. How nice to meet up with a fellow blogger and sewer. Happy Birthday to your mum. Hope you have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sheila, beautiful stitchery. So glad you got to meet your blog friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a lovely post Sheila.Happy birthday to your mum.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely christmas stitchery and how fun to meet Lesley.... Happy birthday to your mum.... hope you have a great day...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. One Christmas item a month? Such a brilliant idea! An idea I just might have to adopt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your Christmas Project for this month...
    How nice to meet up with your special blogging friend Lesley. Such nice gifts she brought along for you.
    Wishing your Mum a very special Birthday and I am sure she wil be thrilled to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am impressed at how organised you are. You did a lovely job of Kaaren's stitchery. Meeting blogging friends is always fun. Glad you both had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Birthday Blessings to your mother.
    You will be giving her the best gift of all by visiting for her special day. Love the sweet redwork.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Christmas finish is beautiful and looks perfect in your stand. The sneak peek in the previous post looks lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your little Christmas stitchery looks very cute on it's stand. Lovely photo Sheila...nice to see your face. A big Hppy Birthday to your Mum....it will be a lovely surprise for her to have you visit. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow..lovely Christmas finish

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful Christmas project! So neat that you and Lesley were able to get together! Hope you enjoyed your day with your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy birthday to Mom!
    Love the pincushion and your stitchery finish!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A very sweet stitchery!
    Enjoy your visit with your mum and family :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Everything is beautiful, but I just love your basket blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful to catch up with everything you've been doing. Hope your mum had a wonderful birthday.

    ReplyDelete