Sunday, January 15, 2012

A finish


In visiting blogs I discovered the Temecula Quilt Co and this cute little mini quilt "The 12 days Of Christmas" I didn't get started until after all the patterns had been given out but I knew I would have to make it as I fell in love with it right away . I did not have the kit that was being sold to make the quilt so went to my stash and found these scraps left over from my Louisa quilt and do you know I can hardly see that anything has been taken out of that container .So here is my version of the 12 Days of Christmas ,
 Just in case you don't remember the Louisa quilt , here it is again, I love this quilt  it reminds me of days gone past .
 This was hand quilted by the Holy Name Quilters of which I am one of and now I wish I would have taken the time to hand quilt the mini quilt but alas I did not .I may just make another , after all I need to use up those scraps ;-) . Hope you are having a great Sunday , it has been snowing all day but not making much but it is might cold out there . Thanks for stopping by .
hugs Sheila

20 comments:

  1. You need one of your wonderful quilts to hide from the cold!
    Warm hugs, Jeanneke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling little mini quilt! Your Louisa quilt is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing :) Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the mini quilt is really sweet.... what a clever little one to make all coordinating .... and your big one looks so lovely and snug....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your mini quilt. Of course the Louisa quilt is fantastic too. Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the mini quilt. Gorgeous. Love those colours. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhhh that mini is very sweet Sheila....and the Louisa is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  7. http://www.theraspberryrabbits.blogspot.com/....you might want to check this out Sheila; if you don't already. Working with wool....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your mini-quilt! It came out great!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for showing both quilts, they are just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sheila, both quilts are beautiful! Love the colors and fabrics...they work so well together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. your little quilt looks beautiful and it was lovely to see your louisa quilt again. It is just gorgeous.
    Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the quilts! Hand quilting always looks so amazing to me, unless it's my own sometimes wandering, uneven stiches. ;) Stay warm Sheila!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your fabrics! what a pretty 12 DOC. Stay warm and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous mini quilt Sheila, as is the big one. How special to have it hand quilted. Stay warm. We have sunshine and hot wind today!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the 12 Days of Christmas quilt. I'm making this also, after the fact but am not as far along as you are since you've finished it. Beautiful. The Louisa quilt is lovely as well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous quilts Sheila. I know what you mean about the scrap pile. It does seem to multipy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great quilts. I really like the blue on the little quilt. Really makes it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both quilts are wonderful. Mini quilts are just a lot of fun to make. Enjoy your snow!

    ReplyDelete
  19. -wonderful quilts, I love these country (?) fabrics, probally because I don´t have such...(okay I do have a few ;o)
    The blue one you used for the sashings is very well chosen.

    ReplyDelete