Monday, October 24, 2011

Weekend photos

Weather wise we had a decent weekend , some sun , lots of cloud cover but when taking photos I actually prefer clouds I think it adds so much more interest and we did have some unusual cloud formations on the weekend. So are you ready for a little adventure of what I saw this weekend ? As I have said a few times now I love the fall and the colors , the leaves are gradually leaving the trees but I did find some lovely foliage to share in the Lochaber area along the lake , just gorgeous , I love the lake and we love to have picnics in this area in the summer months. Sharon I think you will recognize where this photo was taken. as well as a few more .
It was actually quite warm when you were in the sun and out of the wind but a jacket was a nice addition to keep the chill off. 
I love this shot, you can just see a little color across the lake and the shimmer of the water is very inviting. 
This is in a provincial park and as you can see there are still a few leaves with gorgeous colour hanging on ,don't you just love those rust colours ,my favorite :-) 
The same park , it is closed now for the season but we parked the car on the road and walked in , it was worth it .

This is a picture of the lake where our town gets its water supply. Now I just have to tell you a little story about this lake , I think it is kind of a cute story. When our boys were small , lets see 3,5 and 6 we were out driving one day in the summer and as we came across this lake Bill explained to them that this was where the town got there water .Our youngest son was one to always be asking questions , had to know how everything worked and why etc. , well he said "Dad you mean all the water for all the people comes from this lake?" Yes Bill replied all the water for everyone . Wow says Chad , "Can you take us over to the hot side?" He was just over 3 years old at the time and today he is an engineer ;-0  It isn't easy to get a decent picture of it as the area is becoming grown up but it is a gorgeous lake.You could see and hear the geese on the lake,not so sure I like that idea but it is treated .
I just had to take this picture of an abandoned old truck among the hay , kind of neat huh.
On the quilting front I have completed the hand quilting on A Tisket a Tasket so this is my report for Quiltober for today . I have also made some progress on the Row by Row Christmas quilt and not so sure I can complete that in October but I am definitely going to try . It feels good to have this little quilt completed I really enjoyed making this sweet little quilt which was a free BOM from Bunny Hill Designs  a couple of years ago .
Well the sun is shining so I think I will get cracking and get some laundry on the line , it won't be long now before we can't hang them out so I want to take advantage for as long as I can . Enjoy this gorgeous day and thanks for stopping by.
 hugs Sheila

11 comments:

  1. Ah, thanks for sharing. I'm not sure how fall will turn out here in Central Cal. Not many of the trees have even started changing color and the temps are still high (low 80's) so it doesn't feel like fall at all. It's fairly typical but usually by Halloween it'll change quickly! I like the story about your boys. Reminded me of mine when they were young. Anyway, nice finish as well! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. everything is lovely Sheila...you take the best pics

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love all the serene photos. Your quilt is just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on finishing your quilt and what beautiful scenery! That was a cute story about your son!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the pictures... I will never stop being amazed by fall colours.... how cute is the story of your son wanting to go to the hot water side!!! Tisket/Tasket is so pretty... great Quiltober finish...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous scenery. :) Your A Tisket A Tasket looks beautiful. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that pic of the truck too. Your son's comment was cute about the hot water. Maybe now he is an engineer he can answer it?
    Your finished quilt looks fantastic. Love the blue border with the pinks. Well done a Quiltober finish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have lovely scenery where you are your pictures are really lovely. I really like your quilt too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the hot water story! Thanks for the great scenery photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sheila what great scenery pics and that is a lovely quilt,well done

    ReplyDelete
  11. thank you for sharing these wonderful photos, I´ll love to visit Canada someday...
    Wow, the quilt is beautiful, gongratulations!!!
    Liebe Grüße
    Bente

    ReplyDelete