Friday, June 10, 2011

The postman arrived :-)

Don't you just love when the mailman arrives with a squishy envelope , well I got not one but two squishies in my mailbox ,yippee. Since today is also Crazy Quilting Friday but I am a little slack this week so this little squishy will be my crazy quilting for this week . My pincushion base arrived yesterday and I was soooooooooo pleased , it is just gorgeous and I am sure you will all agree . Don't you just love all the detail , the first addition was the sweet little bunny by Dee Dee , it has the most adorable face , then it travelled on to Sandi who added the flower and leaves ,then off it flew across the ocean to Val who added the delightful magpie and the pumpkin, we do not have magpies here in Nova Scotia although my son has them in Saskatchewan and I love the look of them , for its final journey it visited with Fiona who added the spider web and spider, she says he is harmless ;-0 ,isn't that adorable , she also added some gum tree leaves and flowers which I love as we also do not have them here ,oh and she added the little twirl to represent the twirl around the world this pincushion has taken , it sure is well travelled and has come back much better than it left ! I mean how lucky am I to have a pincushion as sweet as this , I don't think it will ever see a pin stuck in it though ;-) Thanks so much Fiona for organizing this very fun little RR I have thorougly enjoyed it . Thanks also to Dee Dee, Sandi , Val and Fiona for making this pincushion the work of art it is .
 My next little squishy was from the Green Bag Lady , I won this great cloth bag on her blog and also the fabric to make another bag which is to be given to a friend to make our earth just a little greener one bag at a time . I love cloth bags and use them all the time for my grocery shopping so this will come in handy for that purpose . She also provided the pattern to make the bag , isn't that fabric just so cute . Thanks Teresa for this great bag and for making a difference in our world.
I hope you all enjoy a wonderful day and if anyone has any extra sun they might want to share please .... send it this way , this gal is growing web feet ;-0 Thanks for stopping by . hugs Sheila

9 comments:

  1. I would say that was a fun mail day.....whohooo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post and good to have the pincushion home... it would have been nice if we could have travelled with them? I love the bags... I'm off to visit the green lady...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the pincushion base Sheila.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pin cushion looks fantastic. The magpie is gorgeous but so is everything else too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pin cushion it's a real work of art. I love the magpie...they are one of my favourite birds. I love their warble first thing in the mornings.So Beautiful. I'm glad you finally have one in Nova Scotia.Well done to all the stitchers too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pincushion top looks fantastic. The twirl is a nice touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hasn't this been a fabulous swap. I adore your pincushion.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great swap! I have loved seeing them!
    xx, shell

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your pincushion is so awesome.. I am so looking forward to seeing mine.. hope it is soon...havppy swapping with you,,, and yes I love squishy envelopes too... :D

    ReplyDelete