Monday, March 14, 2011

A Win and a rare visitor !

First off I want to tell you that I won a $50 gift certificate for the Fat Quarter Shop in the Basics Charity Challenge on Cara Quilts ,isn't that amazing , I am so excited .I haven't gone shopping yet as this is a busy day for me but I am sure I will find something wonderful to buy with my gift certificate . I want to give a huge thank you first to Cara for having this challenge ,she has a very kind heart and this challenge was to make us all more aware of the needs in womens shelters as well as other community efforts , her efforts spread far and wide and I am sure many communities benefited greatly so thanks Cara ! Secondly I want to thank Kimberly of the Fat Quarter Shop for her generosity and I look forward to going on the site and drooling over all the wonderful fabrics , patterns and notions , go check it out here .

This morning when I was cleaning up the kitchen I was at my kitchen sink when I spotted this huge Pileated woodpecker feeding on the woodpecker feeder , now I have seen these birds many times on the trees and telephone poles around here but never ever on the feeder so I quickly scrambled for the camera and was lucky enough to capture this photo of him ,pretty cool huh!
No sewing so far today , I am busy making lunch for tomorrows quilting session , hmm wonder what I am having , I know Joan and Linda are probably reading this and wondering but you will have to wait and see ;-)
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by . hugs Sheila

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! That's so cool!! Woody Woodpecker is so striking with his red top! Glad you had your camera ready!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations...and nice pic of the woodpecker...I got excited over some robins yesterday...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on winning the Fat Quarter Shop voucher. and that woodpecker is amazing. My only experience with woodpeckers is Woody Woodpecker :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great win... happy shopping.... love the woodpecker... how big is it?
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the WiN! yeh!!!!
    Nice pic.. don't you just LoVe bird visitors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your win. So much loveliness to buy at the FQ Shop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go! You will love FQ Shop.

    ReplyDelete