Tuesday, July 27, 2010

It only took nine years ;-)

That's right , this cushion top has been waiting for at least nine years to be finished . I went to a retreat with the quilt guild way back then and I took three classes , this was one of them ,a Celtic knot , I hand appliqued the knot on the fabric then I hand quilted the top then when I got home it was put in my closet and there it sat until last night when I came across it and felt so very guilty for not finishing it a long ........ time ago that I promptly sat down and made a back and sewed the whole thing together , I even put buttons for a closure so I can take it off and wash it if necessary , I actually need a larger pillow form, I just put it over a cushion I had for now or it may sit for another 9 years :-(  The good news is this is my oldest UFO , oh wait I made a reverse applique poinsettia at the same retreat and it is also in that closet somewhere ,oh dear I better find that and get it completed too . So that gives me another finish for July ,yippee !
Thanks for stopping by .
Sheila
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. How pretty! And good for you finally getting it finished! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Sheila. Good on you for finishing it. I like celtic knots. Still waiting for my SIL to make me a celtic knot tablecloth. Only been waiting 8 or 9 years. :) Hugs, Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have alway admired this Celctic design quilting style. I've never seen another so lovely. I really love your fabric choices! and the workmanship is incredible. Proud of you for finishing a UFO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's lovely. How nice that you have it out and can now enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete