Saturday, February 20, 2010

Finishes

Thought I would share a few more finishes for this month . I made the table topper yesterday , loved that center fabric so much just had to make something special with it and I really like how it turned out . I just used flannel
as the batting so it would lay flat and am pleased with how that worked .
The baskets I made after a visit to Jenny's blog and the tutorial can be found here .
They are such fun to make , quick and easy , my kind of project and are the perfect size to store lots of things like charm squares .
The drawstring bags I mentioned before , I made these for the ladies at our local womens shelter .It was a request to our quilt guild to make these as the women do not have a bathroom of their own when they 're there and must have something to carry their personal care products in when visiting the shower . This month we will each bring some personal care products for these bags as well , it is a much appreciated project and we all agree it is important to help out these
women in their hour of need .
Thanks for stopping by .
Sheila



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. You've been very busy Sheila. All lovely goodies. Love the fabric in the table topper. Hugs, Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your little fabric baskets with the flowers and the cute little drawstring bags.
    Hugs Khris

    ReplyDelete